It’s easy to forget about the roof sitting at the top of a house, at least until problems arise.
Rather than having to call roofers to make repairs after years of neglect, a better idea is for homeowners to provide proper care for their roofs from the start.
Roof maintenance is usually fairly simple and does not cost much.
In fact, proper roofing maintenance usually pays for itself over time as recovered repair bills.
Consider these reasons why good roof maintenance is so important before letting out of sight mean out of mind!
- Protects The Investment - Providing proper roof maintenance, including doing semi-annual inspections, ensures a roofing installation lasts as long as it should with as few problems as possible. It is a cost-effective solution to paying for unnecessary repairs or being forced to purchase a roofing replacement prematurely.
- Detects Undiscovered Problems - Most issues that progress to become serious roofing problems start off as minor concerns that most untrained eyes are oblivious to. During routine roofer inspections, roofers can detect smaller concerns that, with proper intervention, will not turn into larger, more costly ones.
- Saves Money - Roofing maintenance costs much less than expensive roofing repairs or being forced to do a roofing replacement sooner than expected.
- Keeps Up Appearances - A well-maintained roof ages more slowly and retains its good looks longer. In contrast, roofs that go without the required maintenance or regular inspections can lose their nice appearance sooner as various problems like UV damage, broken or missing shingles, mold, algae, and water damage become more visible from the outside.
- More Environmentally Friendly - Homeowners who ignore roof maintenance frequently end up replacing their roofs sooner than they need to, resulting in more roofing materials ending up in landfills over time. Additionally, a well-maintained roof that keeps its good condition will perform better, playing a role in keeping home heating and cooling costs down.
Damage caused by a lack of roofing maintenance affects much more than just the roof itself; it affects the home’s curb appeal, the environment, and most importantly the homeowner’s wallet.
Instead of risking damage that can go unnoticed until it is too late or problems like overheated attics that can cause widespread shingle failure, owners need only to invest in regular roof maintenance provided by a professional roofer.
In doing so, they can rest assured their roofing investment dollars will go as long as they should and they will have a trouble-free roof for decades to come!