Wood has been used as a roofing material since biblical times, as it is strong, beautiful, and plentiful.
Today, wood roofing services still install plenty of wood roofs, primarily due to the many positives associated with this material.
When properly prepared and cared for, a wood roof replacement will last as long as most asphalt shingles will, while presenting a beautiful, traditional look.
For anyone considering working with wood roof contractors, here are some of the many good things about choosing wood roofs!
- Incredible Beauty - By far, the most noticeable thing about a wood roof replacement is its incredible classic beauty that can transform any home.
- Wind and Impact Resistant - Wood shakes and shingles are more rigid than many other types of roofing, which makes them more resistant to wind. They are also more impact resistant than most other types of roofs.
- Eco-Friendly - Wood is natural and therefore, it can be sustainably sourced and when disposed of can be recycled or it will decompose with no harm to the planet.
- Good Life Expectancy - Surprisingly to some, when it is well cared for with regular coatings of water sealant, roofs installed by professional wood roof contractors can last 25 to 30 years, which is as long as most moderate-grade asphalt shingles.
- Many Styles Available - Available as thick wood shakes or thinner wood shingles in various shapes, sizes, and styles, there is much variety for wood roof replacements today.
- Lighter Than Most Other Roofing - When weight matters, wood is lighter than even most asphalt shingles, which are the go-to installation that most homeowners choose.
- Naturally Insulating - Wood roofing services also find wood shakes and shingles to be naturally insulating, keeping a home warmer in winter and cooler in summer since heat does not pass through it very much.
- Comparable In Price - Depending on the wood species chosen and the type and style of the shingles or shakes, some wood roof replacements are actually comparable in cost to premium asphalt shingles or lower-grade metal roofs. For the money, wood roof contractors find them to offer better performance as long as maintenance is kept up.
- Easy To Repair - Replacing a rare broken wood shingle or shake is as easy as repairing any other type of shingle.
- Increased Value and Curb Appeal - Wood roofing services also find that this roofing not only increases curb appeal, making a house look much more attractive, but it increases home value as well as wood roofs are more desirable.
With all those good things, why not try a wood roof replacement this time?
Contact a local wood roofing services to discuss the possibilities and get a beautiful, strong, new wood roof!